Band Flag


Membership Staff:

Mabel Manitowabi
Reception/Membership Support Clerk
Phone: 705-859-3122 ext. 301

Maintaining the Wikwemikong Membership list as up-to-date as possible by obtaining documentation from band members to record events such as births, deaths, marriages, etc. on behalf of Indian and Northern Affairs Canada for the Wikwemikong Unceded Territory. To work with other programs by providing needed information and statistics.

The territory took over the membership program from Indian and Northern Affairs Canada in the early 1970’s. Membership is responsible for obtaining documentation from members and forwarding to Indian Affairs to be entered into the Indian Register. Since 1996, we have been on-line with the Indian Register and are able to view the current information from our location.

Besides registering events in the Indian Register, we also provide the following services:

o    Issuing Status cards to members.
o    Provide letters verifying Status.
o    Provide forms and/or information for registration process, transfers, gas cards, and benefits.
o    Obtaining off-reserve mailing addresses of members for voting purposes and the occasional mass mail out.
o    Research claims of Status entitlement.

Membership Forms/Applications

Click Here for the Conformation of Residency Form

For Members needing to update their current address for election ballots/mass mail out purposes

Click Here for the Gas Card Application

For Members needing their Gas Card Application Form

Click Here for Birth Registration & Information

Information for Members wishing to register their child

Click here for Registration on the Indian Register and for the Secure Certificate of Indian Status(SCIS) Application 

For members apply for the Secure Certificate of Indian status,  The Guarantor Declaration form must be attached.

Click here for Registration and Secure Certificate of Indian Status – Guarantor Declaration form.

Contact Information

19A Complex Drive, P.O Box 112
Wikwemikong, ON
P0P 2J0

Phone: 705-859-3122
Toll Free: 1-800-880-1406
Fax: 705-859-3851